Invisalign braces: The healthy way to straighten teeth in Garland, TX
In a recent Harris Poll, 92 percent of survey respondents said having their teeth straightened improved self-confidence, and 80 percent called the experience one of the most important treatments they ever received. Most people would like to have straight teeth, yet some hold back. Their reservation may be appearance-related or based on concerns about health ramifications of orthodontic treatment. Dr. Sakunthala Boppana in Garland, TX suggests Invisalign as a winning alternative to braces.
Getting Invisalign braces in Garland, TX
Invisalign is system of clear plastic aligners. Computer-designed and 3D printed aligners gently reposition teeth without brackets, bands, or wires.
Book an Appointment today.
At Perfect 32 Family Dentistry, the initial Invisalign process follows these steps:
- Initial consultation – At this informative discussion Dr. Boppana answers your questions about Invisalign and determines if you are a good candidate. Most people are. Aligners were once for cosmetic straightening. However, Invisalign technology has evolved into an orthodontic solution for complex cases and bite issues, as well.
- Examination – Effective treatment starts with a healthy mouth. Existing issues such as tooth decay or gum disease are addressed first.
- Taking records – This is the clinical term for collecting information about the current positions of your teeth and bite, with bite referring to how upper and lower teeth come together when you close your mouth. Records include impressions – either physical molds or digital images of your mouth (sometimes both), bite registration, panoramic x-rays illustrating tooth roots and bone health, and a series of photographs. These front, side, and close-up pictures serve as the starting point for design of your treatment plan. Expect about an hour for this appointment.
- Your prescription – The dentist uses the information she has collected to complete an Invisalign prescription form detailing your current oral condition and the changes you desire. The prescription goes to Align Technology, Inc.
- Treatment simulation – Align makes a computer-simulated model of your teeth. Using a virtual animation technique, necessary sequential tooth movements are determined. Together, you and Dr. Boppana review this animation from all angles to “test drive” changes.
- Fabrication – Your digital case information is used to make a series (usually 10 to 30) of casts of upper and lower arches. Aligners are fabricated from these casts.
- Starting treatment – You return to Perfect 32 to try on your first pair of aligners and receive treatment instructions.
Are Invisalign braces safe?
Invisalign is a very safe straightening system. Continuous low force minimizes risk of trauma to tooth roots, and thus of gum recession – a problem that can arise from overly-aggressive wire tightening.
One of the biggest threats to oral health with conventional braces is tooth decay and development of gum disease, since it is difficult to clean around the hardware. Invisalign aligners are removable. You take them out to brush and floss normally, and for regular professional cleanings.
Are you ready to learn more about Invisalign clear braces? Call (469) 804-5677 to schedule a consultation at Perfect 32 in Garland, TX.