Complete and Partial Dentures in Garland, TX
Dentures offer more smile restoration choices than ever before if you are suffering from a tooth loss, lost few teeth, or all of them, you have . Dr. Boppana keeps Garland, TX patients smiling with many options in complete (full) and partial dentures.
Why Choose Dentures?
A denture is a prosthesis that holds one or more artificial teeth. If you have lost natural teeth due to trauma, gum disease, or extractions, a denture reinstates much lost eating and speaking function . It also helps restores your smile and keeps remaining teeth from shifting out of position.
A denture can be a good choice for the patient who is not a candidate for dental implants due to bone loss, or who wants a more economical solution. While they have to be replaced periodically, dentures cost less initially than implants or bridges.
Types of Dentures
- Partial denture – Replaces one or multiple missing teeth. Clips to remaining teeth for stability.
- Complete denture – Contains a whole arch of teeth. Usually designed and inserted after existing teeth are removed and tissues have healed.
- Immediate denture – In some cases, a denture can be designed in advance, and inserted immediately following extractions. It protects the mouth during healing, and you don’t have to go without teeth. However, an immediate denture must be relined to adjust fit after recovery.
- Implant-retained denture – Snaps over dental implants. The fit is comfortable, stable, and quite secure.
Are Dentures Uncomfortable?
While you are getting used, you might have some slight discomfort
- Feel loose as your mouth gets accustomed to them.
- Minor irritation or soreness.
- Temporary increase in saliva flow.
Don’t worry these are temporary symptoms and will go away with in few weeks. Call us if you are experiencing painful irritation or soreness
How to Care for Dentures?
- Rinse your dentures
- Brush using a gentle tooth brush and non-abrasive cleaner.
- Clean your mouth thoroughly.
- When you are not wearing dentures place them in water to prevent wrapping.
- If you are using dentures fitted with adhesives, follow the instructions of the product you are using.
- Even if you are wearing full set dentures, brush your gums and tongue every morning
Denture Repair Service at Perfect 32 Family Dentistry
Dr. Boppana helps you adjust to wearing and caring for your denture, but accidents can happen.
- You might drop your dentures, cracking the base.
- Bite into hard food and chip or dislodge a tooth.
- Maybe, as the shape of your mouth changes over time, the denture begins to wobble or rub.
Please do not try to fix it yourself. You will likely cause additional damage or create a situation that harms your mouth. Dr. Boppana works with skilled technicians to complete emergency repairs quickly. If necessary, a replacement can be made promptly.