Transform your look with Six Month Smiles from Garland, TX dentistAccording to WebMD, with conventional braces, the average orthodontic treatment plan for an adult takes 18 to 36 months and costs $5,000 to $6,000. Women and men in the Garland, TX area have a terrific, affordable alternative for efficient cosmetic teeth straightening – Six Month Smiles cost is less than braces, in the care of Dr. Sakunthala Boppana at Perfect 32.
Causes of crooked teethOver time, a number of theories regarding the origin of dental misalignment have been disproven. However, several scientifically-sound factors remain, and some may surprise you.
- Like hair and eye color, dental traits are also affected by genetics. For example, a small mouth contributes to crowded teeth, and misaligned jaws lead to over- or underbite.
- Poor oral habits in infancy may create noticeable problems years later. Thumb-sucking and pacifier use may seem harmless to a baby, but result in smile imperfections at adulthood. Other unconscious habits such as mouth breathing, reverse swallowing, and tongue thrusting also have a negative impact on oral development.
- Baby teeth are anchors for permanent teeth. If they are lost early from decay or trauma, adult teeth lack a guide for straight growth. They may emerge in unexpected alignment!
- Diet plays an important role. A broad jaw allows emerging teeth to drop into position naturally. A sturdy palate supports facial structure including tooth placement. Industrialized, processed foods do not contain sufficient nutrients for bone growth. The result is a narrowed face and crooked teeth.
- Facial trauma, including mouth or jaw injury, may literally move teeth out of place. The outcome can be cosmetic, or dramatic.
Call our office for more informationRegardless of the circumstances, self-image and success in adulthood are affected by misalignment. A 2012 Kelton study showed that people with straight teeth are 57 percent more likely to get a date from an internet dating site than those with crooked teeth. Thirty-eight percent of Americans would ditch the second date with someone who has misaligned teeth. People with straight smiles are perceived as happier, healthier, and smarter. They are 45 percent more likely to get a job over candidates with similar experience and skills but crooked teeth, and 58 percent more likely to be successful.
Book an Appointment today.
(469) 804-5677Existing Patients:
Book an Appointment today.
Brace yourself . . .For a straight, attractive smile quicker than you thought possible. Short-term orthodontic treatments are completed in an average of about six months. During that time, treatment is barely noticeable with clear brackets and wires that match tooth color.
No wonder Six Month Smiles gets great patient reviews. The secret to the fast success of treatment is NOT aggressive wire tightening. Rather, teeth are moved with:
- Low force from specially-designed wires and brackets.
- Focus on teeth that are visible when you smile.
- Dr. Boppana’s professional care. She is trained and certified in administering Six Month Smiles treatment.
- Brief adjustment appointments. Proprietary Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits aid in efficient visits.
Other benefits of fast braces
- Reduced treatment time lessens risk of cavities or gum disease from the challenges of brushing and flossing with braces.
- Usually, no extractions are necessary.
- Lighter force means no additional risk of root damage compared to traditional orthodontics.
- Less chance of enamel damage since fewer teeth are treated with less pressure.
- Typically, more economical than porcelain veneers, conventional braces, or aligner therapy.
Call (469) 804-5677 to schedule a Six Month Smiles consultation with Dr. Boppana in Garland, TX. Your smile could be transformed by your next regular cleaning and checkup.