Teeth Whitening in Garland, TX
Cosmetic dentistry is any treatment specifically intended to dramatically improve the appearance of your smile. Your smile has a big impact on how you are perceived by other people, and how you feel about yourself.Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic services with male and female patients at Perfect 32 Family Dentistry in Garland, TX.
Why Patients Love Teeth Bleaching
Dental whitening is easy, economical, and delivers a big smile “wow.” It is a great choice for healthy teeth that have discolored over time from:
- Tea, coffee.
- White and Red Wine.
- Pigments in foods, drinks and tobacco
- Enamel thinning that occurs with age, allowing the yellowish layer of dentin to show
- Abrasive toothpaste causing scratches that hold stains.
The cumulative effect is a dingy smile that adds years to your face.
Teeth whitening erases stains, brightening your smile without harm to teeth or soft tissues.
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Tooth and gum health is thoroughly examined.
- Impressions of your mouth are take and molds are fabricate with a smooth plastic whitening trays.
- The trays fit comfortably and snugly, holding a prescription strength bleaching gel on tooth surfaces.
- The special whitening solution reaches deep into tiny tubules in tooth enamel to loosen and lift stains.
- Simply wear the trays for about an hour a day until your smile reaches the desired level of brilliance, then for periodic touchup to keep your teeth dazzling.
You get professional results with a trained dental team monitoring your progress and answering questions. For example, if you experience sensitivity, a buffering ingredient can be added to the whitening gel, or Dr. Boppana may adjust your wearing schedule.
Difference between home vs professional whitening
- Both procedures use peroxide, except that professional teeth whitening peroxide has twice the strength when compared to over counter whitening kits and the results are better.
- Professional whitening is carried out and monitored by trained staff.
- Heat and light may be used to speed up the process.
- Your teeth could get 8 shades brighter with professional teeth whitening.
Are there Risks to Teeth Whitening
Professional Teeth whitening is a very safe procedure when compared. However you might experience
- Temporary sensitiveness.
- uncomfortable for people with already sensitive teeth.
- When in correctly used, home whitening kits can cause burned or temporary bleached gums.
Is Teeth Whitening covered by Insurance
Because whitening is a cosmetic procedure, the expense is not covered by most dental insurance plans. However, our friendly front desk team will be happy to check, on your behalf, to be sure. Don’t worry, though whitening is one of the most affordable cosmetic dental services. Perfect 32 accepts major credit cards, and offers low- or no-interest financing (with credit approval) through CareCredit.
Your smile is a big part of your character. Let it shine with professional treatment from Perfect 32 Family Dentistry in Garland, TX. Call our dentist office at (469) 804-5677 to schedule an appointment.