Dental Bridge Treatment in Garland Tx
Dental bridge closes a gap in your beautiful smile just like how a roadway bridge spans a river or ravine, a. Garland dentist Dr. Boppana recommends this time-tested method to replace a missing tooth for patients who are not a candidate for or do not want dental implants.
How are Dental Bridges Designed?
A bridge holds one or more pontics (false tooth) in the gap left by missing teeth with the support of surrounding natural teeth. There are several variations in dental bridges:
Made of ceramic or porcelain fused to metal. Teeth on either side of the space (called abutment teeth) act as anchors to support up to 3 false teeth (3 tooth bridge) are reduced and fitted with dental crowns. Traditional bridges are the most popular type of dental bridges.
Also called a resin-bonded bridge are made of porcelain, porcelain fused to metal or plastic teeth and gums supported by frame work. This type has wings bonded to existing teeth for support.
Used for replacing missing teeth at the back of the arch where there is only one abutment tooth.Cantilever bridges are usually held in place by cementing a dental crown to abutment tooth. However this is not a common procedure as it can put a lot of pressure on the other teeth.
Up to five consecutive missing teeth can be replaced with just two dental implants supporting a 5 tooth bridge. In this situation, healthy adjacent teeth are not impacted by crowns.
Are You A Good Candidate?
- Any one who is missing a tooth or teeth are candidates for a dental bridge.
- If you are missing a lot of teeth then the dentist might suggest a partial dentures rather than a dental bridge.
- If you are looking at Implant supported bridge, then Dr. Boppana has to check if you have enough healthy bone volume to support the implant, this is because one of the side effect of tooth loss is bone degradation.
- A traditional bridge requires just two dental visits.
- At the first, teeth are prepared for dental crowns and impressions of the mouth are taken.
- These impressions are sent to a dental lab, along with instructions on shading to ensure the bridge matches your natural teeth.
- Prepped teeth are protected with temporary crowns while your bridge is being fabricated.
- A temporary bridge is prepared by the dentist to protect exposed teeth and gums.
- In about two weeks temporary bridge is removed and the permanent bridge cemented into place.
- In addition to the above in some cases the patient might have a unchecked gum disease and Dr. Boppana has to treat the gun disease before placing the bridges.
How Much does a Dental Bridge Cost?
Cost of a dental bridge depends on a number of factors
- Varies based on number of missing teeth, 3 tooth bridge(single false teeth and 2 anchoring teeth) or 4 tooth bridge ( 2 false teeth and 2 anchoring teeth) or a 5 tooth bridge ( 3 missing teeth and 2 anchoring teeth).
- Porcelain crowns needed.
- Materials used such as composite resin (white colored), zirconia, gold metal, metal alloy covered in resin.
- Fabrication process.
- Complexity of placement.
- Additional treatments like deep cleaning (gum disease) that have to performed before placing the bridges.
Dental implants can last a life time but dental bridge is typically more affordable initially than multiple dental implants. Many insurance plans cover all or a portion of the cost of a dental bridge. At Perfect 32 Family Dentistry we offer affordable dental bridge treatment. Call us at (469) 804-5677 to find out more about the treatment.
How do I take care of Dental Bridge?
Surrounding teeth act as anchors to hold the bridge in place hence the strength of these teeth is key for success. Below are some tips
- Brushing twice a day
- Maintaining good overall oral hygiene helps prevent tooth decay and preventing tooth loss.
Our Dental Bridge work Pictures
At Perfect 32 Family Dentistry, we have a number of payment options, Your dental insurance covers the treatment (coverage varies), apart from that we offer low or zero-interest treatment financing through Care Credit and also if you don’t have dental insurance you can sign up for our in-office Plan for Health and save up to 30 percent on various treatments.
More Informative Links
Don’t suffer with missing teeth. Conveniently located near N Shiloh and Apollo Rd Intersection we serve Garland,Richardson,Plano and surrounding areas. Visit our dental office in Garland, TX area or call us at (469) 804-5677 to schedule a consultation.