Dental Bonding Treatment in Garland, Tx
Dental Bonding is an alternative procedure to Cosmetic dentistry that help restore your smile. If there are are there aspects of your smile impacted due to chipped or broken teeth and would like to improve your smile/appearance ,You might be pleasantly surprised as you learn more about dental bonding treatment. Garland, TX dentist, Dr. Boppana is trained and experienced in this versatile technique.
What is Dental (Tooth) Bonding
Application of composite resin to repair decayed, broken, fractured or discolored tooth is called dental bonding. Unlike veneers which are fabricated in dental lab dental bonding can be done in a single visit. Garland Dentist Dr. Boppana commonly uses teeth bonding
- To fill the gaps between teeth.
- Augmenting the size and shape of adjacent teeth to close the space.
- Repair a broken or chipped tooth.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Change the appearance of teeth.
- Protect root of teeth who’s gum has receded.
Usually dental bonding takes 30 to 60 minutes per tooth and the biggest advantage over crowns and veneers is that it requires only a little amount of enamel to be removed.
Applications of Dental Bonding in Garland
- Repair of tooth decay.
- Bonding is a strong and attractive alternative to silver colored amalgam fillings.
- Mask chips, cracks, pits, and bumps in tooth enamel.
- Disguise stubborn discoloration that does not respond to teeth whitening.
- Alter the size, length, or shape of teeth.
- Repair worn down teeth
- Improve the appearance of root surfaces exposed by gum recession, and protect the area from sensitivity and decay.
- Improved Smile makeover using dental bonding and contouring.
Dental Bonding Procedure
- Dr. Boppana will use shade guide to select composite resin that matches your natural teeth.
- The surface of tooth is slightly scraped and a condition liquid is applied which helps the bonding material to adhere.
- Anesthesia is usually not required unless the tooth needs to be drilled to change the shape or chip is near the nerve.
- Once the surface is prepared, tooth-colored resin is applied.
- The resin is molded and smoothed till a proper shape is achieved.
- Some times special light is used to speed up the hardening process.
- Once hardened your tooth will be trimmed and shaped for the perfect beautiful smile.
- Finally the tooth is polished to match the rest of the natural teeth.
How to Care for bonded Tooth
Treat bonded teeth to your usual good oral hygiene.
- Brush after meals, floss before bedtime.
- Maintain regular checkups.
- While bonding is stain resistant, you may want to limit dark beverages like coffee to keep your new smile sparkling.
- The material is hard and durable, but it can chip.
- Protect bonded teeth as you would natural teeth.
- Avoid biting on ice, hard foods or non-food objects like fingernails or pens.
How to long would a Tooth Bonding last
With Good oral hygiene bonded tooth can last any where between three and ten years before needing a replacement.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Garland Dental Bonding
Cost: Cosmetic Bonding in Garland is one of the cheapest cosmetic procedures.
Time: Unlike Dental Crowns or Dental Veneers which usually take time and need a second appointment, tooth bonding can be completed in a single visit.
Invasiveness: Bonding requires Minimal tooth removal.
Staining: Unlike Crowns or Veneers the resin does stain over time.
Durability: Tooth Bonding is not as resistant to breaking as Crowns or Veneers.
What is the Cost of Dental Bonding
Cost of the procedure usually depends on
- Specific dental condition that needs to be treated.
- The number of teeth being treated.
- The procedures performed in conjunction.
However, it is much cheaper when compared to porcelain veneers or permanent crowns, and is covered by most dental insurances.
If you are interested in learning more about Dental Bonding Garland dental team can help clear the doubts. Call us at (469) 804-5677. Our Garland Dental Office is conveniently located near the intersection of N Shiloh and Apollo Rd serving Garland,Richardson,Plano and surrounding areas