Your comfort is ensured with numbing, and you receive thorough instructions to follow at home for speedy healing. In severe cases, deep cleaning may be performed in quadrants. Breaking the process into four procedures boosts your body’s healing capacity. In addition, Dr. Boppana may apply topical antibiotics, prescribe oral medications, or recommend prescription mouth rinse.
Why do we need Deep Cleaning
According to NIDCR (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research) a healthy pocket should be no more than 3 millimeters, when the pockets grows to 5 millimeters or above a dentist will recommend Deep scaling and root planing.
- About 17.20% of Adults age 65 and over have periodontal disease.
- About 10.58% of Adults 65 and over have severe to Moderate periodontal disease.
- About 8.2% of Adults below age 65 have periodontal disease.
- About 5 % of Adults below age 56 have severe to moderate periodontal disease.
Common Reasons causing Periodontal disease
- Missed regular dental checkups and cleaning.
- Smoking also causes to increases risk of Gum disease.
- Diabetic Patients.
- Hormonal changes in girls and women.
- Medications that lessen the flow of saliva
- In frequent brushing.
Do you need Deep Cleaning?
If you have some of the below symptoms, its a good time to check with you dentist to see if you need dental deep cleaning
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Red or swollen gums
- Tender or bleeding gums
- Painful chewing
- Loose teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Receding gums or longer appearing teeth
What are the benefits of Deep Cleaning
- Diminishes breath odor caused by bacterial excretions and diseased soft tissue.
- Decreases odd taste in the mouth.
- Reduces tendency of gums to bleed.
- Improves appearance of the smile – addressing puffy, blotchy, and receding gums, and discolored teeth.
- Helps your body stay healthier, without persistent infection and inflammation.
- Helps you keep your natural teeth.
Tips for healthy Gums and Teeth
- Brush twice a day preferably with a fluoride tooth paste.
- Floss regularly to remove the plaque formation between the gaps in teeth.
- Regular dental checkups and cleaning.
- Maintain a well balanced diet rich vitamin E and vitamin C can help repair damaged tissue
- Avoid grinding or clenching teeth.
- Quit smoking.
Dr. Boppana is passionate about periodontal health. Schedule a visit to our Garland, TX office to learn more about deep cleaning teeth. Perfect 32 Family Dentistry can be reached at (469) 804-5677. Late day and Saturday appointments are available, for your convenience.