Your comfort is ensured with numbing, and you receive thorough instructions to follow at home for speedy healing. In severe cases, deep cleaning may be performed in quadrants. Breaking the process into four procedures boosts your body’s healing capacity. In addition, Dr. Boppana may apply topical antibiotics, prescribe oral medications, or recommend prescription mouth rinse.
Deep Cleaning(Gum Disease) In Garland, TX
Dental Deep cleaning is scaling and and root planing, this procedure is used to help treat and prevent the spread of gum disease.Adults in the United States lose more teeth from gum disease than any other cause.
A July 2015 study in the Journal of the American Dental Association finds that chronic periodontitis affects 47.2% of adults over 30 in the United States. This serious condition compromises connective tissues and bone that anchor teeth in place. It also causes gum recession, increasing risk of tooth decay.
Gum disease can have a dire impact on overall wellness, as well, increasing risk of diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and other illnesses. Deep cleaning from the hygiene team at Perfect 32 Family Dentistry in Garland, TX keeps smiles healthy.
A sticky film of plaque formed by bacteria leads to gum disease. It’s usually controlled with frequent brushing and flossing. However, when teeth are not properly cleaned, bacteria triggers infection that causes gums to pull away from the tooth roots. Plaque trapped in these pockets cannot be removed with normal home hygiene.
- A dental deep cleaning is also called scaling and root planing.
- It starts with gentle gum cleaning.
- Hygienist uses a special instrument, or scaler, to remove bacteria, plaque, and hardened tartar from the teeth.
- Finally, root surfaces are planed, or smoothed.
- If necessary, diseased gum tissue is excised.
How is Deep Cleaning Performed
The procedure greatly reduces populations of harmful oral pathogens and allows gums to re establish a tight seal to teeth. This sets the stage for natural healing.
What are the benefits of Deep Cleaning
- Diminishes breath odor caused by bacterial excretions and diseased soft tissue.
- Decreases odd taste in the mouth.
- Reduces tendency of gums to bleed.
- Improves appearance of the smile – addressing puffy, blotchy, and receding gums, and discolored teeth.
- Helps your body stay healthier, without persistent infection and inflammation.
- Helps you keep your natural teeth.
Dr. Boppana is passionate about periodontal health. Schedule a visit to our Garland, TX office to learn more about deep cleaning teeth. Perfect 32 Family Dentistry can be reached at (469) 804-5677. Late day and Saturday appointments are available, for your convenience.